Friday, April 20, 2012

Puppy Love


Today, I have a new found love for my beautiful, peppy, half-senile dog, Biscuit. A wonderful family has so sadly lost their furry family member and the outpouring of love, support and prayers towards them have brought me to tears. It is so clear that this four-legged creature was so much more than a pet- he was truly a son, a brother, a companion. I was reminded of the fleetingness of life, whether it be of a puppy or my own, and vowed to not let a day go by where I hug my Biscuit and tell her how much I love her. She gives me so much joy and sometimes I like to believe she has brought my family closer than we ever could have become without her. So, to my Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier that snores ever so loudly in my ear as I try to fall asleep, I love you with all my heart. I promise to use my feet to take you on long walks and my hands to rub your belly just how you like. I promise to use my muscles to throw your favorite squeaky lady bug toy and my arms to hug you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment